LateNightLovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advanced: Overbreeding Your Pets & Characters

3 posters

Go down

Advanced: Overbreeding Your Pets & Characters Empty Advanced: Overbreeding Your Pets & Characters

Post by Depths Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:22 pm

hey latenights, i'm back from my SUPER LOOOONG week vacation FINALLY!!! as stated in my "basics" post, i am going to give you guys a brief guide to the advanced OB (overbreeding) system.

in this guide i will vaguely mention the second tier deva classes, as this is a "deva" forum, but players should know that experience and job points are distributed in the same manner as the gaia and asura classes. also, keep in mind that no matter which class/race you choose and no matter what pet you have in your formation, the overbreeding system for PETS remains unchanged as well.

-----DEVA CHARACTERS-----

deva holy warriors choose to become either knights or soldiers once you have reached the requirements for the job transfer. if you would like a short overview on the two 2nd tier warrior classes, see Malaky's "Knights vs. Soldiers" post in the Deva section. deva clerics can choose between a bishop and a priest for their 2nd tier, and the breeder class automatically becomes a soul breeder for the 2nd job transfer (since there is only one option for the deva breeder class to transfer to at this point.)

there are seven total ranks which your character and pet can achieve. characters within the 1-19 level(s) are considered rank 1. rank 2 = 20-49. rank 3 = 50-79. rank 4 = 80-99. rank 5 = 100-119. rank 6 = 120-149. the last rank is rank 7, which is achieved once your character or pet reaches an astounding level 150. the maximum level (to my knowledge) in rappelz is 170.

the maximum job level ANY of your character's 2nd tier classes can obtain is 50. if you have read my basics guide to overbreeding, then you would have noticed that once you reach jlv 40, jlvls 41-50 are the "overbred" levels. this is the same with your 2nd tier class. one thing to note though, is that once you have reached the maximum (50) job level, there are no more jobs you can transfer to. YOU CANNOT TRANSFER TO A THIRD JOB CLASS! THERE ARE NO 3RD TIER CLASSES =((((

once you have reached jlv 50 in your 2nd tier class, your character becomes (naturally) much more powerful. in theory it is easier to overbreed your character during the second job class because you are not apprehensive about making the job transfer before you're ready, or spending the job points on skills you don't actually need. however when you overbreed, it takes an EXPONENTIAL amount of experience to advance in job levels. it will take awhile no matter how you play to become a fully OB'd player.

-----PETS-----

when you OB pets, REMEMBER you cannot increase your pets' level unless you are at least ONE level ahead of them.

the pets ranking system is the same as the characters'; starting at rank 1 (level 1) and ending at rank 7 (level 170). in the basics guide i explained that you can overbreed your pets by taking them past level 50 to level 60 before you talk to any of the NPC breeders and they advance your pet in it's next evolutionary stage. once the pet is at evo 2, their appearance changes, they gain access to new skills, and their creature race changes ie. Pantera Junior becomes Pantera Hunter, Siren Child becomes Siren Lady, etc...

your pet can be overbred PAST the usual +10!!!!! since ANY pet can advance from evo2 to evo 3, this gives the more advanced players the choice of training their normal pets into becoming INSANE SUPER DECKED KILLER pets!!!!

to make the second evolutionary change into the pet's third evolution stage (confusing, huh?), the pet must be at least level 100 (rank 5), then talk to any of the NPC breeders in horizon, laksy, or katan to make the transfer. however, if you make the transfer at level 100 then your pet will FOREVER LOSE IT'S CHANCE AT FULLY OVERBREEDING!!!!! THIS IS A CRIME AGAINST NATURE!!!!! GAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*whew* anyways, as i was saying, it is imperitive however optional, for you to continue leveling your pet through rank 5 before they become evo 3. during your pet's first overbeeding, you advanced it 10 levels before making the change. THIS TIME you can overbreed your pet not 10 but 15 levels before making the evo transfer!!! starting at level 100, level your pet any which you you like until it has reached FULL OVERBRED at level 115. once you have reached this highly esteemed honour, you can feel free to evo your pet to their max tier without raining judgement upon thee from those sociopathic korean gods. and other players.

you can easily tell the progress of a pet during its overbreeding by hovering your cursor over the creature card. it should read something like this:

Siren Lv 115 +15

and for your information, people who DON'T overbreed pets, ESPECIALLY the rarer ones, are a HUUUUGE target for those happy-go-lucky pk'ers!!!!

i forgot to mention earlier, but if you are a deva breeder class, 1st or 2nd, you have access to certain skills than increase the amount of experience your pet gains from killing monsters. keep this in mind when overbreeding Wink

-----ITEMS-----

here is where things get dicey...wait, i mean PRICEY. there are in-game items that can ALTER your job levels and job points in both characters and pets. weird eh? the two items for characters are REBIRTH SCROLLS and RE-SPECIALIZATION POTIONS. they are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

the re-specialization potions ONLY affect your current job class, reducing all job levels in your current tier to 1 and erasing all your leveled skills in that current class as well. note that you do not LOSE any job points this way, they simply are just reset. players do this when they wish to skill their characters differently, or are trying to vent job points from skills into job levels for a quicker overbreed. these items can be worth a couple million ruppees, so use wisely!!!

rebirth scrolls are extremely rare items that RESET EVERY SINGLE SPENT JOB POINT in all previous classes and skills AND your current job class and job class skill tree!! using this item will allow players to literally change their entire character. as with the re-specialization potion, you KEEP your job points, so DON'T WORRY!! once you use the scroll all spent job points become unspent, and you can distribute and transfer and skill however you like. in our server, rebirth scrolls are HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of ruppees, so if you have one, cherish it!!! rabbit

pets have only one item that resets spent job points. this item is the pet re-specialization scroll. this is a pet's version of the characters' re-specialization potion. this scroll once used will reset all spent job points in your pet's current evolution. THIS ITEM DOES NOT REDUCE YOUR PET'S EVOLUTION LEVEL. IF YOU DO NOT OVERBREED A PET BEFORE TRANSFERRING, THERE IS NOOOO TURNING BACK!!! players use this item only for re-skilling their pets tree to better suit the player's purpose and playing style.

there, that is my official guide to advanced overbreeding!! if you have any questions, feel free to post them, or contact me in game, my name is Depths. have fun you guys affraid

Last edited by Shadow on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sticky :-) Once Again Great Guide 25 Cpt Added)
Depths
Depths

Location : add meh on facebook if you'd like: search for Aaron Langworthy! (lives in Michigan)

Back to top Go down

Advanced: Overbreeding Your Pets & Characters Empty Re: Advanced: Overbreeding Your Pets & Characters

Post by Shadow Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:21 am

Depths... Yet another EXCELLENT Guide! Keep up the excellent work! The Guild appreciates your hard work!
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Advanced: Overbreeding Your Pets & Characters Empty Re: Advanced: Overbreeding Your Pets & Characters

Post by Vinton Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:52 pm

During my quest for knowledge a couple of days ago, this was super helpful Very Happy. I'll definitely use this whenever I get my yetteh XD.
Vinton
Vinton

http://msm00nlight.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Depths Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:58 pm

you're welcome guys Very Happy
Depths
Depths

Location : add meh on facebook if you'd like: search for Aaron Langworthy! (lives in Michigan)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down